Friday, June 27, 2014

This and That! Summmer, 4th of July Sale and more!

Hello!  I know it's been a while.  It's been crazy busy around here since my son has been done with school. He is a big first grader now!  Wow where has the time gone and my daughter will be 5 next week.

So I've been doing this and that knit and crochet wise.  Not much has kept my interest.
I decided TODAY  to host a sale next week!  My daughters birthday is July 2nd and she'll be 5 and of  course for the 4th of July! So 15% off July 2nd - July 5th, use code FIREWORKS5!  Happy Shopping!


This one little project was very random.  I kept trying to find a spot for my garlic and kept noticing that I had these cute rooster hooks and a bag would look super cute.  So I was searching for some yarn that would work and couldn't find exactly what I wanted.  I then came upon my ball of hemp.  It was perfect!  So this was the result.  Not sure if I could make the same thing twice but I love it!


Then I saw this adorable post on Pinterest of the ruffled potholder and I had to make one.  So I knew my mom had hotpads from about 20 years ago. I set out to choose colors for her kitchen and then one for the 4th of July.  They're not the best pictures sorry for that but I still think they turned out cute.



I knew we needed another blanket for our camper because my kids kept fighting over the one heavy one on the couch.  So I decided to do a rainbow chevron blanket.  This was my first crochet blanket and I love the way it turned out.  I just used the yarn I had in my stash so it's not perfect.  When I ran out of one color I just started with the next but I love the way it turned out.  I think I bought 2 skeins of yarn just to finish it up!  My kids love it and it's perfect for in our camper. 
These were a oh lets try it project.  They're the Chinese knot scrubby made out of the Sugar and Cream yarn.  They turned out cute.  I want to get that scrubby material and make the same things.  I actually took the white one put some yummy essential oils on it and put it in our camper to keep it smelling good.   



These I have been working on for what seems all winter.  Alpaca Wool socks worked on a size 1 circular needle. They turned out so much better then my Knee High Socks out of the same material.
These are just a pair of regular wool sock yarn that I made over the winter too.  These are super cozy as well!



 

I am at the moment working on a 4th of July garland and an Elsa hat for my daughter!  Will posts pics later.  Have a great day and chat with you soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment